Why Children Struggle
- Our brains are naturally wired to speak; they are not naturally wired to read and write.
- Writing, like reading needs to be directly taught.
- Limited or poor instruction.
How do we address these problems?
- Using both the Montessori and Orton Gillingham approach, we help students master the mechanics of writing with studies of grammar, spelling, word study and punctuation.
- We focus on the creative process of writing through the process of prewriting, drafting, editing and publishing.