Support for students from Kindergarten through 5th grade using both the Montessori and Orton Gillingham methods.
Using a multi-sensory approach to learning, we provide one-on-one tutoring. Your child’s current educational knowledge in a variety of subjects will be expanded and enhanced.
We also provide one-on-one support for children with reading or math difficulties including dyslexia. All services are offered in the comfort of the child’s home environment.
Motivate Tutoring supports students to become confident, independent learners prepared to meet academic and personal challenges. Our goal is to enhance the learning of every student to allow them to succeed in the present while preparing them for the future.
From concrete Learning to Abstract thinking
- Assist children to think and reason logically and with precision
- Focus on the process
- Understand process first – then memorize
- Parallel lessons and activities with different materials reinforces concepts and skills
The Montessori Math and Language Materials
- Three-dimensional & multi-sensory
- Hands-on manipulation and exploration
- Promote active discovery and learning
- Self-correcting for emotional and psychological confidence
- Represent abstract concepts
- Build brain power (supported by documented research about the importance of the connection between movement and cognition)
BENEFITS OF TUTORING
- Support schoolwork and homework
- Increase academic results
- Increase self confidence
- Diminish fear of failure
- Develop concentration and focus
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Develop independent study